Our auto carriages are designed to safely transport your vehicle. To ensure the safe passage of all vehicles, certain dimensions (height, width, length, weight, etc.) must be observed:
* Height including any roof boxes:
- Small and medium-sized cars, limousines and station wagons up to 2.05 m height
- Off-road vehicles, SUVs, and vans up to 1.96 m height
- Vehicles with trailers and motorcycles up to 1.58 m height
Please measure the height at the highest point, including any roof boxes or roof racks.
* Roof width:
The roof width, including any box or rack, must not exceed 1.35 m or 1.55 m depending on the vehicle type. Vehicles with a roof width over 1.55 m cannot be transported.
The auto carriages have a maximum load weight. Therefore, it is mandatory that you provide the total weight of your vehicle.
You will find the dimensions of your vehicle and the empty weight on your vehicle license. You will have to measure the roof width yourself. Please provide the correct dimensions for your vehicle when booking. In case of deviations, transport may not be guaranteed.
The vehicle compartment is an open carriage, and at times speeds of 160 km are reached, so it is necessary to securely attach your roof structures or luggage.
Please note the following:
* On your vehicle, fixed, secured, and closed roof boxes and bicycle carriers as well as motorcycle bags can be transported - provided that all vehicle dimensions are adhered to.
* Other objects can not be transported on the vehicle roof.
* Surfboards and small boats can also be transported if you specify this before booking.
Check-in and loading
Check-in begins 90 minutes before departure. It is sufficient if you arrive at the beginning of the indicated loading time. Please have your ticket and the vehicle ticket ready.
Before loading your vehicle onto the auto carriage, you must unscrew the vehicle's antenna, remove any baggage you need for the train journey, and have all passengers leave the car.
Our terminal staff will show you how and where to place your vehicle on the auto carriage. Which position you get will depend on the vehicle's dimensions. Once you have placed your vehicle in the proper position, please switch off the alarm system, lock your vehicle and check that any trailers or luggage is securely attached
Once this is completed, you can find your compartment or head to the train restaurant as you begin your rail journey.